|Little Acorn Learning
~Celebrating the Seasons with Children
Holistic, Nature-Based Learning for Children and The Caregivers Who Guide Them
|Join Our Mailing List|
|"Our days have become
full of beautiful moments
since we found your site."
Read More Testimonials
|Baby Tunisian Crochet Legwarmers
by Jennifer Tan of Syrendell
These warm, soft legwarmers can be made quickly with a Tunisian crochet hook, yet they look like they have
been knitted. To learn more about the basics of crocheting and Tunisian crocheting, see our eCourse available
here at Little Acorn Learning.
• One skein naturally dyed or other chunky-weight wool yarn. The one featured here is from Mama Jude’s
• Size M, N, O or P Tunisian Crochet hook. The one featured here is size N from Syrendell on Etsy.
• Yarn needle
tss: Tunisian simple stitch
tks: Tunisian knit stitch
Newborn Baby Size
• ch 15
• tss across
• tks 16 rows
• Last row will have increases: Add 3 stitches at the beginning and 3 stitches at the end of the row by
creating a stitch in-between previous stitches as you tks. This will make the edge flair a bit so that it fits over a
sock or top of a shoe.
• Cut a long tail and make a knot. Use this tail to sew up the legwarmer inside-out. Knot, weave in all
ends, and trim ends. Turn right-side-out.
• Repeat for the second legwarmer. Add crocheted flowers, ribbons or embellishments, if desired. For a
larger baby, start with more chains and add more rows.